- I basically want to read books on it, synced from my (Mac) laptop.
- I rarely if ever read anything that requires colour.
- It must have native ePub capability (I'm not buying a Kindle); ideally I'd like it to support a range of basic formats like pdf, txt, rtf, html, but can survive if some of these have inexplicably not been implemented.
- I like the idea of e-ink but am comfortable with LCD screens too.
- Storage space and battery life are important though not to the exclusion of other considerations (including price).
- Something RSI-friendly would be nice - lightweight, comfortable, with left-hand/right-hand redundancy.
Bonus features I'd like but aren't necessary since I don't know if they really exist:
- Full Unicode support (including Māori macrons). You wouldn't think this would be so hard, and yet... Seriously, let me know if you know of anyone doing this.
- Note-taking functionality - but not if to get that I have to also get a thousand other features and pay through the nose for the combo. An iPad, for example, would be ridiculously overpowered for my purposes.