In order to better integrate my blog with my website, better manage comment spam, and reduce my dependence on Google, this blog has moved to http://www.deborahfitchett.com/blog/. In order to avoid broken links I won't be deleting content from here, but no new content will be added, so please update your bookmarks and feeds.

Tuesday 5 August 2008

FriendFeed - reading format verdict

Reading FriendFeed as an RSS feed via GoogleReader:

pros
+ I don't have to log in
+ One less thing to remember / tab in Firefox to keep open
+ I know what items I've read and what I haven't - no losing my place when items with new comments shift around

cons
- I get items significantly later. And for some reason the feed is currently frozen on August 2nd.
- If I want to comment I have to log in anyway - then start trying to catch up when I'm not sure of my place given that items with new comments have shifted around
- I don't get notifications for new comments
- Something else I can't remember. As a Dirk Gently character said, my brain is like one of those things with holes in it.

I think I'm going to be sticking mostly with the web interface from now on